Happy Valentine's Day, Gorgeous friends!
Valentine’s Day is full of expectations: a romantic evening, candlelit dinner and a long walk with someone you love. It is, without a doubt, the most romantic day of the year.
So how could you possibly be expected to enjoy Valentine’s Day if it is not full of what you think it should be?
Well, while it might not be all flowers and romantic dinners, you can still spread the message of LOVE - which is really what Valentine’s Day is all about. The Giving of LOVE.
I asked my friends their favorite Valentine’s Day memory. Surprisingly, very few mentioned a gift they were given or a special night out. In fact, most of the people remembered their special Valentine’s Day by things they did for others. The gifts they gave, provided them with a wonderful feeling of happiness.
But the giving of love is not just for our partners. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our daily lives, that we often forget that children and teenagers need to be remembered too, as teenagers especially can often feel very left out on Valentine’s Day. I can vividly remember one Valentine's Day when my father received flowers and my boyfriend at the time just passed the day off.
One of my favorite Valentines (just after I left my marriage) was when my father gave so generously.
He gave my daughter and I the most beautiful cards, took us all out for coffee and he had my son pay the bill. What made it so special was the way he included his grandchildren; they were thrilled and are still talking about it to this day! Dad said that day was his all time favorite Valentine’s Day as well.
Making someone happy (especially when it’s unexpected) has a euphoric effect on you too. It's happiness, shared twice.
Yes, it is possible to have a great Valentine’s Day, even when things are not as you expect them to be. Here are a few ways you can share your LOVE this Valentines Day.
5 Bling LOVE tips for Valentine's Day
- Surprise someone that you know could use a boost on Valentine’s day by sending them a bunch of flowers and signing the card from 'anonymous'.
- Send a heartfelt letter to someone who has really inspired you and tell them how much they mean to you.
- Do something kind for those closest to you. Hug them and tell them how much they mean to you on Valentine’s Day.
- Make a donation to your favourite charity or leave an inspiring book on a seat with a card with a smile.
- Take someone out for ice cream and be grateful you’re creating a memory for that person forever.
Wishing you a wonderful Valentines Day and here's to touching someone else’s heart on this day.
Giving is the fastest way to feel good about yourself. It doesn’t have to be expensive, even a single hand picked flower will do. Anything coming from the heart is always appreciated by someone.